By P. David Marshall,Sean Redmond
- Offers an in depth, systematic, and transparent presentation of all facets of famous person reports, with a constitution that rigorously construct its enquiry
- Draws at the most up-to-date scholarly advancements in big name analyses
- Presents new and provocative methods of exploring celebrity’s meanings and textures
- Considers the innovative ways that new social media have impacted at the creation and intake of celebrity
Read or Download A Companion to Celebrity PDF
Similar popular culture books
Noticeable: A Femmethology, the single two-volume anthology dedicated to femme id, calls the LGBTQI group on its prejudices and celebrates the variety of person femmes. Award-winning authors, spoken-word artists, and new voices come jointly to problem traditional principles of the way incapacity, category, nationality, race, aesthetics, sexual orientation, gender identification and physique style intersect with each one contributor's concrete thought of femmedom.
The 1st monograph to severely have interaction with the debatable horror movie subgenre referred to as 'torture porn', this publication dissects press responses to renowned horror and analyses key torture porn motion pictures, mapping out the wider conceptual and contextual issues that form the meanings of either 'torture' and 'porn'.
What does the realm appreciate so much approximately the USA? technological know-how, know-how, greater schooling, patron goods—but now not, it kind of feels, freedom and democracy. certainly, those beliefs are in international retreat, for purposes starting from ill-conceived international coverage to the monetary concern and the delicate propaganda of recent authoritarians.
Neoliberal tradition provides a severe research of the influence of the worldwide free-market - the hegemony of which has been defined in different places through the writer as 'a brief counter-revolution' - at the arts, media and lifestyle because the 1970s.
- The Millennial Mentality: More Than Memes, Cats & Mishaps
- Race and the Origins of Progressive Education, 1880–1929
- The Celluloid Courtroom: A History of Legal Cinema
- The Exploding Eye: A Re-Visionary History of 1960s American Experimental Cinema (SUNY series, Cultural Studies in Cinema/Video)
- Christianity and Heavy Metal as Impure Sacred within the Secular West: Transgressing the Sacred
- Blood, Guns, and Testosterone: Action Films, Audiences, and a Thirst for Violence
Extra resources for A Companion to Celebrity
A Companion to Celebrity by P. David Marshall,Sean Redmond