By Gordon Martel
- Written by way of exceptional students, each one an expert of their field
- Explores influential, underlying issues resembling imperialism, nationalism, internationalism, technological advancements, and adjustments in diplomatic methods
- Addresses a vast diversity of subject matters, together with international relations of wartime and peacemaking, the chilly conflict period and the "new international order", the tip of ecu empires, the increase of nationalism within the 3rd international, globalization, and terrorism
- Chronological association makes the amount simply accessible
- Includes beneficial publications for additional interpreting and research
Read Online or Download A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Best political history & theory books
The function of the idiot is to impress the robust to question their convictions, ideally whereas warding off a beating. Fools accomplish this no longer by way of hectoring their viewers, yet via broaching delicate issues in some way, usually disguising their message in a funny story or a story. Writers and thinkers all through background have followed the fool’s strategy, and the following Ralph Lerner turns to 6 of them—Thomas extra, Francis Bacon, Robert Burton, Pierre Bayle, Benjamin Franklin, and Edward Gibbon—to elucidate the concepts those males hired to cajole the heedless, the zealous, and the overly convinced to pause and re-evaluate.
This biography of Thomas Jefferson's Notes at the kingdom of Virginia, his purely released booklet, demanding situations traditional knowledge via demonstrating its middle political idea in addition to the political aspirations at the back of its composition, ebook and preliminary dissemination. construction upon a detailed interpreting of the book's contents, Jefferson's correspondence and the 1st accomplished exam of either its composition and ebook historical past, the authors argue that Jefferson meant his Notes to be learn by means of a large viewers, specially in the USA, to be able to aid form constitutional debates within the severe interval of the 1780s.
What occurs whilst lifestyles, so that you can converse, moves the President of the USA? How do presidents and their households take care of ailment, own loss, and scandal, and the way have such own crises affected a president's skill to guide, formed presidential decision-making in severe moments, and even perhaps altered the process occasions?
This primary research to debate the real ideological function of the army within the early political lifetime of the country examines the connection among progressive doctrine and the sensible issues of army making plans ahead of and after the yank Revolution. american citizens sought after and potent military, yet they discovered that through its very nature the army may ruin freedom in addition to protect it.
- Why Did Europe Conquer the World? (The Princeton Economic History of the Western World)
- Sinclair Lewis and American Democracy (Politics, Literature, & Film)
- The Sins of the Fathers: Germany, Memory, Method (Chicago Studies in Practices of Meaning)
- The Humanist World of Renaissance Florence
- The Oxford Handbook of Indian Foreign Policy (Oxford Handbooks)
Extra resources for A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Gordon Martel