By Donald P. Kommers,John E. Finn,Gary J. Jacobsohn
Read or Download American Constitutional Law: Essays, Cases, and Comparative Notes: Volumes 1 and 2 PDF
Best constitutional law books
It is a e-book approximately dictatorship and democracy. Its remedy of those styles of presidency isn't traditional. rather than environment the single opposed to the opposite, it proposes to illustrate how the associations and strategies of dictatorship were utilized by the unfastened males of the trendy democracies in periods of serious nationwide emergency.
American Constitutional legislations: Essays, instances, and Comparative Notes is a special casebook that encourages voters and scholars of the structure to imagine severely concerning the primary ideas and guidelines of the yankee constitutional order. as well as its exotic authorship, the ebook has fashionable good points that set it except different books within the box: an emphasis at the social, political, and ethical idea that gives intending to constitutional legislation and interpretation, and a comparative standpoint that situates the yank event inside of a global context that serves as a useful prism in which to light up the exact positive factors of our personal constitutional order.
Pamela S. Karlan is a distinct determine in American legislations. A professor at Stanford legislations institution and previous tips for the NAACP, she has argued seven instances on the ultimate courtroom and labored on dozens extra as a clerk for Justice Harry Blackmun. In her first booklet written for a basic viewers, she examines what occurs in American courtrooms -- in particular the superb court docket -- and what it skill for our daily lives and to our nationwide commitments to democracy, justice, and equity.
First released in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Casenote Legal Briefs for Sports Law, Keyed to Weiler, Roberts, Abrams, and Ross (Casenote Legal Briefs Series)
- Indigenous (In)Justice: Human Rights Law and Bedouin Arabs in the Naqab/Negev (International Human Rights Program Practice Series)
- Making Human Rights Intelligible: Towards a Sociology of Human Rights (Oñati International Series in Law and Society)
- Everyman's Constitution: Historical Essays on the Fourteenth Amendment, the "Conspiracy Theory," and American Constitutionalism
- Regulating Speech in Cyberspace: Gatekeepers, Human Rights and Corporate Responsibility
Additional info for American Constitutional Law: Essays, Cases, and Comparative Notes: Volumes 1 and 2
American Constitutional Law: Essays, Cases, and Comparative Notes: Volumes 1 and 2 by Donald P. Kommers,John E. Finn,Gary J. Jacobsohn