By Erich W Steinman,Brett Genny Beemyn
- the ordinary determine of the predatory, immoral bisexual guy within the novels of E. Lynn Harris
- the missed bisexual issues in James Baldwin's vintage novels one other kingdom and Giovanni's Room
- the murderous bisexual males in such movies as Blue Velvet and American Commandos
- the portrayal in women's magazines of the bisexual husband as a promiscuous, deceitful AIDS provider
- the conflicts inside of sexual-identity politics among homosexual males and bisexual males
- the point of interest on bisexual orientation, instead of sexual habit, as a threat issue for AIDS Continuing the culture of Bisexuality within the Lives of fellows: evidence and Fictions, Bisexual males in tradition and Society bargains a super research of the lives of bisexual males and their precarious place inside a racist, sexist, and homophobic society.
Read Online or Download Bisexual Men in Culture and Society PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
It is a humorous, relocating tale approximately lifestyles in a small city, from the perspective of a pregnant lesbian. Louise A. Blum, writer of the significantly acclaimed novel Amnesty, now tells the tale of her personal existence and her selection to be out, loud, and pregnant. blending humor with memorable prose, Blum recounts how a quiet, conservative city in an impoverished stretch of Appalachia reacts as she and an area girl, Connie, fall in love, circulation in jointly, and make certain to stay their existence jointly overtly and honestly.
The Desiring-Image yields new types of queer cinema produced because the overdue Eighties, according to shut formal research of various motion pictures in addition to leading edge contributions to present movie concept. The ebook defines "queer cinema" much less as a particular style or when it comes to homosexual and lesbian id, yet extra commonly as a type of filmmaking that conveys sexual hope and orientation as possibly fluid inside any individual's event, and as forces which could as a result unite not going teams of individuals alongside new traces, socially, sexually, or politically.
Very important new findings on intercourse and gender within the former Soviet Bloc! Sexuality and Gender in Postcommunist japanese Europe and Russia is a groundbreaking examine the hot sexual truth in crucial, jap, and Southeast Europe after the autumn of communism. The booklet offers the type of candid dialogue of sexual identities, sexual politics, and gender preparations that used to be frequently censored and barely mentioned overtly earlier than the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1987.
Black LGBT healthiness within the usa: The Intersection of Race, Gender, and Sexual Orientation makes a speciality of the psychological, actual, and religious elements of well-being, and considers either probability and resiliency components for the Black LGBT inhabitants. participants to this assortment in detail comprehend the institutions among health and wellbeing and intersectional anti-Black racism, heterosexism, homonegativity, biphobia, transphobia, and social category.
Additional info for Bisexual Men in Culture and Society
Bisexual Men in Culture and Society by Erich W Steinman,Brett Genny Beemyn