By Christopher Peter Latimer
This publication covers records and comparable info bearing on civil liberties in the United States, together with the debates over arbitrary nation motion, due procedure, equivalent defense, freedom of speech, and privateness issues.
• presents basic resource records similar to proceedings, federal and kingdom legislation, and govt orders
• deals a chronology of vital records, legislation, and complaints from colonial occasions to provide day
• provides illustrations to explain key techniques
• offers an annotated number of web content from advocacy teams and the Republican and Democratic Parties
Read or Download Civil Liberties and the State: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides) PDF
Similar constitutional law books
This can be a booklet approximately dictatorship and democracy. Its remedy of those styles of presidency isn't really traditional. rather than surroundings the single opposed to the opposite, it proposes to illustrate how the associations and strategies of dictatorship were utilized by the loose males of the fashionable democracies in periods of serious nationwide emergency.
American Constitutional legislation: Essays, circumstances, and Comparative Notes is a distinct casebook that encourages voters and scholars of the structure to imagine significantly in regards to the basic ideas and regulations of the yankee constitutional order. as well as its exceptional authorship, the ebook has favourite good points that set it except different books within the box: an emphasis at the social, political, and ethical conception that offers aspiring to constitutional legislation and interpretation, and a comparative viewpoint that situates the yank adventure inside an international context that serves as a useful prism by which to light up the specific positive factors of our personal constitutional order.
Pamela S. Karlan is a special determine in American legislations. A professor at Stanford legislations university and previous guidance for the NAACP, she has argued seven instances on the preferrred courtroom and labored on dozens extra as a clerk for Justice Harry Blackmun. In her first e-book written for a common viewers, she examines what occurs in American courtrooms -- specially the splendid courtroom -- and what it potential for our daily lives and to our nationwide commitments to democracy, justice, and equity.
First released in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- The West Virginia State Constitution (Oxford Commentaries on the State Constitutions of the United States)
- The Blessings of Liberty: A Concise History of the Constitution of the United States
- The Political Costs of the 2009 British MPs’ Expenses Scandal
- Multilevel Constitutionalism for Multilevel Governance of Public Goods: Methodology Problems in International Law
- Secession and Self-Determination: NOMOS XLV (NOMOS - American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy)
Extra info for Civil Liberties and the State: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides)
Civil Liberties and the State: A Documentary and Reference Guide (Documentary and Reference Guides) by Christopher Peter Latimer