By Mohiuddin A. Khan
Proven tools for fighting and mitigating bridge and road flood scour
Offering exact guidance on bridge scour countermeasures, this finished source presents a proactive method for the layout and building of bridges to avoid scour, in addition to a reactive plan for post-flood catastrophe management.
Topics mentioned contain erosion, reasons of scour, AASHTO layout codes, hydrology, hydraulics, scour research, inspection equipment, and sleek fabrics expertise. Real-world case reports illustrate the suggestions provided. The authoritative info during this sensible advisor may help you to advance extra effective and reasonably-priced layout tactics and bridge administration structures for river bridges subjected to floods.
Flood Scour for Bridges and Highways covers:
- Floods, scour difficulties, and mitigation
- River instability because of movement obstructions
- Past mess ups and bridges prone to failure
- Geotechnical and hydraulic matters at scour-critical rivers and bridges
- Hydrology, floods, and scour-critical bridges
- Estimating scour depths and choosing acceptable countermeasures
- Inspections, rankings, and tracking countermeasures
- FHWA, HEC-18, and HEC-23 scour countermeasures as remediation
- Innovative equipment of flood regulate and catastrophe management
Read or Download Flood Scour for Bridges and Highways: Prevention and Control of Soil Erosion PDF
Similar hydraulics books
* reports the improvement of contemporary hydraulic fluids* Discusses the applying and choice of hydraulic fluids during the research in their actual and chemical homes with regards to the operational standards. * bargains counsel on compatible upkeep exercises because the first use of water as a hydraulic medium within the overdue 18th century, hydraulics has turn into an quintessential self-discipline of engineering technological know-how.
This booklet provides observations at the phenomena of good sediment delivery and their causes below process-related divisions akin to flocculation, erosion, and deposition. The textual content is a compilation of the author's lecture notes from approximately 4 a long time of training and guiding graduate scholars in civil and coastal engineering.
Liquid loading can decrease construction and shorten the lifecycle of a good costing a firm hundreds of thousands in profit. A convenient advisor at the most up-to-date strategies, gear, and chemical substances utilized in de-watering fuel wells, gasoline good Deliquification, 2d version remains to be the engineer’s selection for spotting and minimizing the consequences of liquid loading.
Man made Recharge of Groundwater makes a speciality of man made recharge of groundwater basins as a way to extend the average offer of groundwater, besides the technical concerns concerned. detailed emphasis is put on using reclaimed municipal wastewater as a resource for synthetic recharge of groundwater.
Extra resources for Flood Scour for Bridges and Highways: Prevention and Control of Soil Erosion
Flood Scour for Bridges and Highways: Prevention and Control of Soil Erosion by Mohiuddin A. Khan