By Nam-Trung Nguyen
The technological know-how and expertise of microfluidics disguise a large spectrum and the technological know-how of combining in microscale has developed from experiences on fabricated units to an intensive selection of validated wisdom. the point of interest of Micromixers: basics, layout, and Fabrication is the present acceptable wisdom and useful concerns in designing, fabricating, and characterizing micromixers within the chemical and biochemical industries. in line with scaling legislation, it recommends useful micromixer designs using the benefits of the microscale results. The booklet is meant for working towards engineers and for upper-level undergraduate and graduate point students.
• presents the elemental terminology and basic physics of shipping results used for designing micromixers.
• Highlights the demanding situations and benefits of miniaturization in mixing.
• Outlines presently to be had microtechnologies for fabricating micromixers.
• Discusses present functions together with lab-on-a-chip for chemical/biochemical research, and chemical production.
• Defines techniques comparable to electrohydrodynamic, dielectrophoretic, electrokinetic, magneto hydrodynamic, acoustic and thermal results and their implementation in micromixers.
Read Online or Download Micromixers: Fundamentals, Design, and Fabrication (Micro and Nano Technologies) PDF
Similar hydraulics books
* reports the advance of recent hydraulic fluids* Discusses the applying and choice of hydraulic fluids in the course of the research in their actual and chemical houses relating to the operational specifications. * bargains assistance on appropriate upkeep exercises because the first use of water as a hydraulic medium within the past due 18th century, hydraulics has turn into an imperative self-discipline of engineering technological know-how.
This booklet offers observations at the phenomena of excellent sediment shipping and their causes below process-related divisions comparable to flocculation, erosion, and deposition. The textual content is a compilation of the author's lecture notes from approximately 4 a long time of educating and guiding graduate scholars in civil and coastal engineering.
Liquid loading can decrease creation and shorten the lifecycle of a good costing a firm thousands in profit. A convenient advisor at the newest concepts, apparatus, and chemical substances utilized in de-watering fuel wells, gasoline good Deliquification, 2d version is still the engineer’s selection for spotting and minimizing the consequences of liquid loading.
Synthetic Recharge of Groundwater specializes in synthetic recharge of groundwater basins as a way to extend the usual provide of groundwater, in addition to the technical matters concerned. certain emphasis is put on using reclaimed municipal wastewater as a resource for man made recharge of groundwater.
Extra resources for Micromixers: Fundamentals, Design, and Fabrication (Micro and Nano Technologies)
Micromixers: Fundamentals, Design, and Fabrication (Micro and Nano Technologies) by Nam-Trung Nguyen